Bobblehead is a kind of collectable doll that nods or wobbles. Its head is often larger than its body. Instead of a strong attachment, the head is attached to the body by spring or hook in such a way that a light tap will cause the head to jump about. Hence it is named by bobblehead.
The History of Custom Bobblehead
- Custom bobbleheads are thought to have originated in China and date back at least 250 years.
- Back in the 1760s, Figures of Chinese nodding heads were archived in England and Continental Europe.
- From the 1780s, massive numbers of nodding-head were imported into Europe, England, and America from Canton.
- Bobbleheads became obsolete in the 1930s, and they were only produced in small numbers as novelty products until the 1960s.
- It became famous once more when the baseball team San Francisco Giants brought it to the public’s attention; they distributed approximately