Article Checker can help to Produce an Original Content
Plagiarism is a sort of intellectual theft. When a content creator uses the article of someone else under his own name, it is called plagiarism. If two or more articles have similar content, then there are chances that they are plagiarised.
For search engines, if there is a big chunk of words that matches another or looks similar, then they consider it as duplicate contents. To avoid poor user experience, the search engines use the index and filter contents in a way to put one of the similar articles to the list of searches.
Though they don’t block any of the articles using meta tags, they will fall back in SEO ranking. Hence, the articles fail to earn traffic to the site.
Varied ways of plagiarism:
Plagiarism in article writing can be of different types. The writers need to have detailed knowledge about plagiarism to avoid it. The types of plagiarism are:
- Direct plagiarism or Complete Stealing
Direct plagiarism occurs when the content creators copy word-to-word, from a work by another writer and pass it on as their own, without using any quotation marks or citations. This is a more serious act because, on most occasions, it is deliberate.
- Mosaic plagiarism or Patchwork
When the writers use parts or phrases from a source and replace some of its words with their own and don’t use quotation marks or mention the source in their citation, it is called Mosaic plagiarism. It is a sort of patchwork, and most plagiarism checkers can identify it.
- Self-plagiarism or Copying One’s Own Work
On occasions, the writers recycle their own work and use it again for a new project or assignment. They can also use parts of their own writing in their latest work. This is self-plagiarism. If a writer uses any pre-published writing in their work, they must use quotation and put it under bibliography.
- Accidental plagiarism:
The writer may end up committing unintentional plagiarism by neglecting the citation, using wrong quotations, or unintentionally paraphrasing a piece of content from their reference material.
Lack of ideas about plagiarism can lead to accidental plagiarism. For avoiding plagiarism, the writer can use an article checker.
- Paraphrasing plagiarism
Many times, content creators do not realize that they are committing plagiarism by paraphrasing the content from another article.
Article checkers can identify this sort of plagiarism. The writers need to do proper citations even for the articles they are paraphrasing.
How do the writers commit plagiarism?
The writers need to be careful about plagiarism. At the same time, they need to know about the types of it in detail. The writers or students may feel like substantiating their articles using other content on a site or parts of an already published article.
If they fail to use quotation marks for those parts and don’t do the citation, they may commit plagiarism.
Though plagiarised content and copied content have some difference, it affects the traffic to a website. Sometimes, a site uses content from another website to increase the volume of reach of their article.
This content is called scraped content. When two pages have identical content, then that may affect the search engine rankings.
Many websites use internal links to bring traffic, but it must be done carefully, or it may fail. This makes the article fall in search engine rankings.
URL parameters like analytic code may cause duplicate content. For example, when a printer-friendly version is indexed, it may create multiple versions of a page.
Why should plagiarism be avoided?
- For blog posts, the writers must try to stay away from plagiarism, or they may lose their readership. The website or blog will also fail to prove its credibility.
If a writer fails to deliver original content and chooses to use copied content, it can be easily identified. The writer of the unique piece may take action against the content creator.
- If a student or researcher uses a copied content and without quotation marks, then their work will lose value and hence may fail to reach the reader.
If an educational institution is involved, it may take action based on their policy.
- The site that uses the same content for multiple pages to bring traffic can be identified by the search engine. It may list all those sites and bring one of them to the search result. This decreases the search engine ranking of the other articles and fails to bring readers to the site.
How to avoid plagiarism?
- If an organization uses the same article for several sites, they should try to avoid it. Otherwise, some of the articles will not appear in search results. Thus, decreasing the traffic of those sites.
- If an organization is restructuring its website, it must use 301 redirects in its .htaccess file that redirects users, bots, and other spiders.
- For bloggers and writers, they must use an article checker for bloggers to avoid any plagiarized content.
- For students and researchers who want to work sincerely on their projects, papers, and assignments, they must use an article checker for students or universities to avoid all sorts of plagiarism, including accidental plagiarism.
As a writer, it will now be easier for you to get rid of plagiarized texts and create unique content.